Integrating Dext Prepare with your accounting software will ensure that receipts, invoices and other paperwork are extracted and formatted correctly for your end-to-end financial process.
Important: Once you have integrated Dext Prepare with your accounting software it is essential you have the relevant settings configured correctly before publishing an item to your accounting software. This will reduce the chance of publishing errors. The requirements vary between softwares, so see the Publishing & Settings section below for how to do this.
Integrating the platforms will:
- Sync the Chart of Accounts, Suppliers*, Customers*, Tracking Categories*, and Payment Methods* between the two softwares.
- Activate the ‘Publish’ button, which sends your Dext Prepare items directly to your accounting software.
*Only available on Business Plus, Premium, Streamline and Optimize Dext Prepare accounts. Find out more about the different Dext Prepare products here.
To connect your Dext account to your accounting software:
1. Navigate to the Connections section of the sidebar, then Integrations.
2. Find your accounting software in the list of available softwares, then click the Connect button.
4. Read over the steps outlined in the popup modal. This will illustrate the full connection process, which differs between integrations. Then click the Connect software button – you’ll be redirected to your accounting software and prompted to log in to your account.
6. Follow the steps provided until you return to Dext Prepare.
7. Finally, you will see a confirmation that the connection has successfully been made. Click Finish.
You will return to the Integrations page, where you will be able to manage the integration and it’s settings.
To reduce the chance of publishing errors it is essential that, before you publish an item to your accounting software, you the relevant settings configured correctly. For example Quickbooks and MYOB require tax settings be set before publishing effectively.
These settings can be set for each individual item on the item details page, or in bulk on the Integrations page which will automatically apply the rules across all items.
The requirements for each software varies, so see below for all of the relevant articles to guide you through how to configure these settings and how to publish:
- Where are Costs and Sales items published to in Xero?
- How to Publish Tax Rates to Xero
- How to publish multiple currencies to Xero
- How to publish a paid purchase to Xero
- How To Publish Costs & Sales Credit Notes To Xero
- How to publish to ‘Bank Accounts’ to reconcile paid items in Xero
- How to use Xero Tracking Categories in Dext Prepare
- The Domestic Reverse Charge (DRC) in Dext Prepare
- Tax Settings for Canadian Xero users
- How To Publish Costs & Sales Credit Notes To QuickBooks Online
- How to publish Sales Invoices to QuickBooks Online
- How To Publish Credit Card Credits With QuickBooks Online
- How to publish an item as ‘Not Paid’ to QuickBooks Online
- How to publish multiple currencies to QuickBooks Online
- How to publish to QuickBooks Online Simple Start
- Tax Settings on QuickBooks Online
- Secondary Tax Extraction for Canadian QuickBooks Online Users
- How Sage 50 Multiple Currency works in Dext Prepare
- How to publish items to Sage 50 Canada
- How To Publish Items To Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- How to publish tax to KashFlow
- How to publish credit notes to KashFlow
- Where will my items publish to in KashFlow?
If you come across a publishing error see the following troubleshooting sections for help: