For customers in South Africa, you can integrate Sage Pastel with Dext Prepare to import costs in your Cashbook and Purchases.
Note: This feature is only available in South Africa. If you would like to use this integration – please contact your Account Manager.
- Sage Pastel Cashbooks
- Sage Pastel Purchases
Using Dext Prepare with Sage Pastel Cashbooks Dext has a CSV export format specifically designed to import your costs data into Sage Pastel Cashbooks.
In order to use it, you must first ensure that your Dext Prepare account contains the same categories and payment methods as Sage.
1. Export your General Ledger Accounts from Sage Pastel as a .csv file by clicking File then Export/Import. This will become your Category list in Dext Prepare. Make sure to select the correct range of accounts.
2. In Dext Prepare, import this .csv as your categories following the instructions on this page. Make sure you select the Category name to match the Description column, and ensure the Category Code matches the Account number.
3. Similarly, add your payment methods to Dext Prepare following the instructions on this page. Make sure that the references in Dext are identical to those in your Sage Pastel file.
The Reference is going to be exported as your Contra Account.
Click on Costs and then Inbox on the sidebar. Add any relevant Categories and Payment methods for the items in your inbox as usual. Please note that Sage Pastel can only import a single tax rate per receipt or invoice so if an item contains multiple across several lines, split it into multiple items following these instructions.
When you are ready to export the data:
- Select the items you want to export by using the tick boxes in the left-hand most column. Click on the Export icon at the top of the inbox.
- Select SagePastel in the ‘Format’ dropdown. Set the start of the financial period you are exporting for, and then save the file by clicking Generate.
Note: Please ensure that the start of the financial period is the same as what is in your Sage Pastel setup.
Once you’ve exported the file from within Dext Prepare, in Sage Pastel:
1. Navigate to the Process menu, and then select Process Cashbook in Sage Pastel. On the bottom of the Cashbook click on the Batch button, and select Import.
2. Select the file you had exported from Dext Prepare to process it into your Sage Pastel Cashbook.
Note: You can only import items from one bank account at a time. If your Costs inbox contains items from a variety of bank accounts you can use the advanced search to filter out different payment methods. Click here to find out more.
Sage Pastel Purchases
In order to export information from Dext Prepare and import it into the Purchases section of your Journals in Sage Pastel, upload a list of suppliers from Sage Pastel into Dext Prepare, and export a Sage Pastel-compatible list of Suppliers when exporting Purchases, please follow the steps below: