It all kicks off in Precision when you add your first client. Once you add a client you must ensure it remains linked to Xero in order for the data to continue syncing automatically every 24 hours. We integrate with Xero & Quickbooks Online.
A Client in Precision is linked to an Organisation in Xero, or a Company in QuickBooks Online. After you register with Precision you’ll be taken to the home page. This is where your team’s clients will live once they’ve been imported from your accounting software.
What you need to know
- In order for your clients to continue syncing with Xero once it has been added you need to ensure it is still linked.
- Xero has the option to add multiple clients with our bulk upload option as explained below. (This feature is NOT available for QBO.)
- If you get a message ‘client is already added/or can’t import this client’ check the name in Xero, under Organisation Details. This will occur in situations if the Display Name is different to the Legal/Trading name entered in Xero’s organisation details setting.
To add your clients to Precision click on Add Client, top right. You will be give the option to select which accounting software you would like to import your client from; either Xero or QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Click Add Client
Step 2: Select Xero. You will be asked to log in if you haven’t already. You’ll then be asked to select the Xero organisation you want to connect to.
Step 3: Click Allow Access to import the data in Precision.
After allowing Precision access, you’ll be redirected back to the app to the Client Import Configuration page. Here you can set up the Client Visibility for the team. For Xero you have the option of Whole Team or Xero Users Only. By default the visibility will be shown as Whole Team (this means all team members added to Precision will be able to have visibility of this client). You can change this to Xero Users Only. If you do this, then all team members that are set with the role Standard or Advisor in Xero will have visibility.
Note: If you are not sure what roles you team members have been assigned in Xero look at Xero’s support guidance on how to do this.
Note: You can also configure visibility in bulk by going back to Team Home – Configuration – Client Configuration. From here you can manage visibility for all Xero & QBO clients.
Step 4: Click ImportItems (if you have uploaded multiple clients via our bulk upload option, explained below, this will show the number of clients you are importing otherwise if just a single client it will read Import 1 Item) for the sync process to begin. This can take between 1 and 45 minutes depending on the size of the client.
Once you click Import you will be directed to the Client List where you can see the progress of the import.
Once the import of the client is complete we will display a Health Score for that client. Your client is now ready for review.
Xero also has the option to upload multiple clients at once. When you click on Add Client and are taken to the screen in Xero that asks you to ‘Select an organisation’, click on the drop down and click the checkboxes for the clients you want to import.
Note: Larger clients will take longer and may slow up the import if mixed in with smaller clients. Would advise importing larger clients with a lot of accounting history separately.
When in the Client Overview you will notice at the top right of the screen that you client is linked as it will show ‘unlink from Xero’, and it will show what the Last Sync was at the top.
Note: Your client must always show that it is linked to Xero in order for the Sync to happen. There are a number of reasons a client may become unlinked from Xero such as Xero doing updates or their API resets and unlinks their partner connections. If a client is no longer linked it will show the option ‘Link to Xero’ shown in screen shot below instead of ‘Unlink from Xero’ as per above.
- Syncing Clients – once your clients have been added you can sync data when you want to update the client’s data. This does happen automatically every 24 hours but you can also do this manually when you need to within that 24 hour timeframe.
- Set up Client Visibility Settings for your Team Members. This will allow them access to clients added to Precision.