Dext Precision tackles all sorts of accounting insights and spots many kinds of errors. These are organised into checks, which you can think of as individual tools or tasks that require review by someone.
What you need to know:
- Custom checks are NOT data driven like our Precision checks are. These are checks that are specific to your practice processes.
- You can create as many custom checks as you like
- All custom checks will be included in the list of checks alongside our Precision data driven checks to choose from at the Creating Flow Templates stage.
Creating Custom Checks
There’s often non-Dext Precision tasks that you’d like your team members to work on during jobs like Management Reporting or Year End. That’s where Custom Checks come in. You can create your own Custom Checks that can be added to any Flow Template you like.
To create a custom check go to Team Home – Focus – Custom Checks – + New Custom Check
- Give your Check a name
- Provide a Description for your team members so they know what the check is used for
- Add a Tag if you want to organise the checks into types
- Click Save
Adding a URL Hyperlink
You can also include URL hyperlinks in the description of the Check so your colleagues can view a document, by highlighting a word, double click or right click on the word then choose Add Link and paste the url for the link.
Edit a Custom Check
If you have created a Custom Check that you want to change or update you can edit it by click on the 3 little dots on the right hand side of the check. You will have the option to Edit the check or Delete the check. You can also click to open the check and make changes then save it.
Now that you have created your Custom Checks you can create your Flow Templates.