Turn on Automatic Line Item Extraction and Dext Prepare will extract each of the individual purchases that are listed on your receipts, bills and invoices.
You won’t have to manually split your documents out into line items, Dext Prepare will automatically list the total, tax and description of every line on your financial documents.
Note: Line Item Extraction is available as an add-on for accountants and bookkeepers on our Premium, Enterprise, Streamline and Optimize plans, in all regions except France. Find out more about the different Dext Prepare products and features here.
- How to turn on Automatic Line Item Extraction
- What kind of documents can be extracted?
- What happens during extraction?
- Where can I find details of the extracted line items?
- Who can turn on Automatic Line Item Extraction?
- Does Automatic Line Item Extraction cost extra?
Automatic Line Item Extraction can be turned on for each of your suppliers. This option can be found in a number of places within the Dext Prepare Web Application.
- The ’Suppliers’ page, found under the Lists section on the menu.
- Simply click the toggle to turn on and off Automatic Line Item Extraction.
- Clicking on the name of the supplier brings up the supplier details page where you can also turn on and off Automatic Line Item Extraction.
- This option is also found in the ‘Set Supplier Rules’ window in the Item Details page.
After you’ve turned it on, every future document issued from that supplier will be sent for Automatic Line Item Extraction. Find the line items listed in the Item Details page.
Dext Prepare can extract Line Items from the following types of Costs documents:
- Credit Note
- Delivery Note
Dext Prepare cannot extract Line Items from Statement/Remittance advice or Sales Invoices. In these cases, we’ll extract the document normally without Line Item Extraction. You can find the item in the Inbox with a note saying that the item type is not supported. You won’t be charged for this.
Dext Prepare will flag all documents from that specific supplier and add them to a Line Item Extraction queue. After we’ve read and extracted all of the data from the document, you can find it in the Inbox of the Costs workspace. Dext Prepare extract the following information from each line on the document:
- total value
- tax value (but not tax codes or tax rates)
If parts of the document were blurry or unreadable we may leave some fields blank.
Look at the bottom of the Item Details page to find your extracted line items. Edit any of the information from there.
Any administrator on the account can activate Line Item Extraction. This could be an employee in the business, or an accountant or bookkeeper who has access to the business’s Dext Prepare account.
Admin users can add and upgrade this feature by going to ‘My Profile’ > ‘Subscription’ in the Dext web app.
Automatic Line Item Extraction is a paid feature and incurs an additional cost. Find out more about the different Dext Prepare products and features here.
You can see how many documents have been sent through Automatic Line Item Extraction, and admin users can add and upgrade this feature, by going to ‘My Profile’ > ‘Subscription’ in the Dext web app.