A Dext Prepare account can be paid for by two different people:
- The business that owns the Dext Prepare account
- An Accountant or Bookkeeper that has access to the business’ account
By default, Dext Prepare for Business accounts are paid for by the company that created the account.
Accounts that were created by an Accountant or Bookkeeper are paid for as part of the Dext Prepare Partner’s subscription. Find out more about the different products here.
How to transfer a business’ Dext Prepare subscription to be paid by an Accountant / Bookkeeper
To transfer a subscription to an accountant or bookkeeper, the client must first invite their accountant or bookkeeper to their account. See this article for the steps they need to follow to do this.
To take over payment:
- Go to My Clients in the sidebar.
- Click the Manage button next to the client you wish to make paid, then Edit.
- On the Edit page got to the PRODUCTS section, and click Make Paid in the Prepare area.
- Finally, confirm you wish to take over payment for the account by clicking Make Paid again.
If the Make paid button doesn’t show it may be because the client has an active subscription. They will need to cancel the subscription and once it expires the button will show.
View your client usage statement to see a breakdown of how each of your client accounts are using Dext Prepare.
How to transfer a paid by Accountant / Bookkeeper account’s subscription to the Business owner
If the client account was created by the Accountant/Bookkeeper and is being paid for by them, to transfer the subscription to the client without losing access to their Dext Prepare file, please ask an Admin user from the client account to follow these steps: