Depending on the transaction collection method chosen, there are several ways to add your income and expenses to your Dext account.
Cost & Sales
Upload your documents whilst logged into the web app by clicking the green Add Documents button in the top left hand corner.
You can specify if it’s a cost or a sales document and drag and drop your files into Dext.
Email your documents directly into Dext Prepare using your unique email in address.
Click the Add Document button to find your email in address.
You can change your email in Address from the My Details section of the My Profile menu.
Set up Fetch to automatically collect your bills and invoices from supplier websites so you don’t have to.
You can set up a Fetch connection by:
- Click Connections in the sidebar menu and select Costs
- Click Add Connection and select Full list
- Start typing the name of your supplier
- If your supplier appears in the list, select the Owner of the item and click Connect
- You’ll be prompted to enter the log in details for the supplier and select the date you’d like documents to be imported into Dext.
Submit your items on the go using the mobile app.
Use the green + button to capture images of your receipts and invoices.
Once you’ve captured your image, you’ll be able to add in additional information about the document as well as select a category.
You can upload your bank statements when logged into the web app by clicking the green Add Documents button in the top left hand corner.
Set up a bank feed to have your bank transactions automatically feed into Dext Prepare.
To set up your bank feed:
- Click Connections in the sidebar menu and select Bank.
- Click Add a Bank Feed.
- You’ll need to read the terms and conditions and click Continue if you’re happy to proceed.
- Click Continue on the Plaid bank connector screen.
- Search for your bank and click their logo.
- Enter your login details for your chosen bank and click Submit.
- Click Continue on the confirmation screen to finish setting up your bank feed.
For more information on setting up your bank feed, take a look at this article.
You can view your bank transactions as well as set up and manage bank feeds using the mobile app.
Take a look at this article for more information on how this can be done.