Keeping track of inventory and job costings is easy now the Products and Services lists are available in Dext Prepare.
You can also save time on data entry when you create a Product/Service in Xero, QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop you can assign category, unit price, and other fields to that item. Then when you then add that product on a line item – those other fields are pre-filled with the data connected to that Product or Service.
Plan Availability: Products and Services is available on Premium and Enterprise plans, and for our partners with Streamline bundles and on Optimize plans. Sales Product and Services only are available for Business Plus plans.
To add a Product or Service to an item follow these steps:
- Click into the Costs workspace and then on the item to bring up the details page. Then scroll down to find the Product/Service drop down menu and make your selection.
- Please note that if you are connected to QuickBooks online you are able to select either a Product/Service or a Category, not both. If you select a Product/Service then the category will be assigned based on the item set up in QuickBooks.
- If you are connected to Xero then you are able to select both a Product/Service and a Category.
- If you’re tracking inventory in QuickBooks Online or Xero, make sure to add line items for each product/service so that you can add a quantity for the item.
- Once you have finished assigning the Product/Service and adding any line items. Then click on the publish button to send the item to your accounting software and if you are tracking inventory (quantity), these will be adjusted automatically.
- Please note that QuickBooks Online France does not support inventory (quantity) tracking
- If your Product/Service has been added recently and is not appearing on the drop-down list. Then click on the Lists menu and into Products/Services and then click on the Reload List button. Please note, it may take a few minutes for the list to reload.
Products and Services can also be added to Supplier Rules
- Click on the Lists menu and then into Suppliers. Search or scroll down to find the supplier you wish to create a rule for and click on the name.
- Then you are able to assign a particular Product/Service for any items from that supplier as well as a number of other fields. For more information about supplier rules click here.
- There is also an option to add a Quantity to your supplier rules, via the smart split function. Scroll down and click on the Add Smart Split Rule button
- Then you are able to set a quantity for either a fixed amount for each line item, or a percentage amount for each line item, for this supplier.