Upload up to 50 documents at once using the Upload, Email or Mobile submission methods.
Learn how to upload multiple documents to the costs workspace using:
There are three document formatting options you can use when uploading multiple documents from your computer:
One document per file (PDF, JPG, PNG, ZIP)
Upload multiple files, with each file showing only one transaction.
One document per page (PDF only)
Upload one file containing multiple transactions, with one transaction showing per page.
These transactions will be split per page break, and every page will be considered its own separate item.
Auto splitting (PDF only) – Costs Items Only
Upload one file (of up to 50 pages) with multiple transactions throughout the pages.
For example, when a document of 10 pages containing 5 transactions is uploaded, Auto Splitting accurately locates and splits out these transactions and sends them to your Costs inbox as 5 individual items.
Auto Splitting is available for uploading Costs documents in all regions on the Optimize plan only, and in France on Streamline and Optimize plans only.
If you find that an item in your inbox has been split or merged incorrectly, you can use the Merge tool to combine separate items in Dext Prepare into a single item or the Un-merge tool to divide a single item into two separate items.
To Upload Documents:
1. Click the green + Add Documents button.
2. Then the Costs or Sales tab.
3. Select the Document Owner. If you do not want to assign a document owner (for example when uploading a rent expense for which the business itself would be the document owner), select ‘None’.
The Document owner can be changed from the Item details page, once the document is uploaded and extracted.
4. Choose how the file(s) you’re uploading are formatted:
- One document per file (PDF, JPG, PNG, ZIP)
- One document per page (PDF only)
- Auto splitting (PDF only)
5. Click Select file or drag and drop the file(s) into the green box.
You can submit multiple-item files via email-in.
Multiple item sent by email can either be:
- Individual items in the following formats that are attached to the same email: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PDF, .zip files with images, DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTFs
- A single PDF file consisting of multiple invoices on each page of the file
A multiple-item PDF, consisting of separate invoices on each page of the document
Emailing Costs documents
If you have a list of individual cost documents that matches the list above, or a single PDF that contains multiple invoices that appear on each page of that document, then forward them to your multiple-item email-in address using the ‘[custom name]@multiple.dext.cc‘ format.
For example, the client Nathan Campbell wants to submit three PDFs that consist of multiple invoices that appear page-by-page within each file.
Nathan attaches their multiple-item PDFs to an email, and sends it to their allocated email-in address for multiple cost items: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it has been sent, Dext will separate each page of the attachment into individual items, before adding them to Nathan’s client account costs inbox.
For submitting multiple costs documents by email, send to your email-in address, which uses the @multiple.dext.ccdomain.
Emailing Sales documents
As with multiple sales document files, or a single PDF consisting of multiple invoices, attach multiple item files to the email-in address for sales documents, which will follow the
‘[custom name]+email@example.com‘ format.
For example, the client Nathan Campbell wants to submit three multiple-item PDFs, each one containing multiple sales invoices within each file.
Once it has been sent, Dext separates each page of the multiple files contained in the attachment into individual items, before adding them to Nathan’s client account sales inbox.
For submitting multiple costs documents by email, send to your email-in address, which uses the format: [custom name]+firstname.lastname@example.org
You must send to one Email-in address per email, based on the whether the documents are cost or sales items.
Finding and amending the email-in address custom name
Find any user’s email-in custom name within their email-in costs and sales addresses on Dext Prepare by:
1. Navigating to My Users > User nameManage > Edit User Details.
2. Amend the custom name by clicking into the Email-in address text field.
The email-in addresses that show here are for single items only. In order to send multiple items, follow the instructions listed above:
- Log in to the Dext Prepare mobile app.
- Open the camera to upload a document.
- Use the Multiple camera mode to upload multiple documents to Dext Prepare at once.