Getting Started with Dext Prepare
Ready to get started with Dext Prepare? This article will guide you through the process of:
- Connecting your Accounting software
- Submitting Items
- Editing, Publishing and Exporting
- Adding Users
- Expense Reports
Connecting your Accounting Software
Dext Prepare can work collaboratively with your accounting software. Once connected, the two systems will share your chart of accounts and all documents will be extracted and can be published with a format that matches your existing financial records.
You can connect your accounting software by:
- Navigating to Connections
- Selecting the Integration section
- Clicking Choose Software
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the integration process.
For more details on setting up this connection, take a look at this article.
Submitting your Items
You can submit your items whilst logged in on the web app, through your unique email-in address and on the go using the mobile app.
You can also connect to thousands of suppliers and automatically pull through your invoices using invoice fetch.
You can start submitting your items by: logging into the web app > clicking Add Documents > selecting one of the upload options available.
Want to know even more? Take a look at the following articles for more details on direct uploads , emailing documents and using the mobile app.
Editing, Publishing and Exporting
Now you’ve submitted your documents to your account, let’s look at what to do next:
- Edit or add to the information extracted from your documents by clicking on the item in your inbox.
- Once you’re happy with the information added to your document, choose where in the integrated software it will be sent to using the Publish to field in the item detail page.
- Click the Publish button to publish it to your accounting software.
All documents will still be visible in Dext within the Archive section.
Did you know: You can set up Auto-Publishing for some of your regular suppliers so you know longer have to publish these manually?
Take a look at this article to find out how.
Don’t have an accounting software to connect with? Export your documents instead by:
- Selecting each of the items you’d like to export using the checkboxes on the left-hand side of the page
- Click Export.
- Choose whether you’d like to export your items as a CSV file, PDF or a ZIP file.
Have other users within your business? Add them as a user to your account by:
- Clicking the Manage section on the sidebar menu and then My Team.
- Select the green Add a user button.
- Complete the details for the person you want to invite.
- Confirm the user role and edit their user privileges.
- Choose whether to send an invitation to the new user via email or text message.
- Complete the process by clicking on the Add user button in green.
Take a look at this article for more information on user privileges.
You can create expense reports in Dext Prepare using the documents you’ve already submitted in the Cost Workspace by:
- Clicking on the Costs Inbox
- Select the items you want to add to your new expense report using the checkboxes down the left-hand side of the page.
- Click the Add to expense report button in the toolbar.
- Specify your settings for the following: The Account User who submitted these transactions, The end date and the name of the expense report.
- Click Add
Your expense report will now be visible in the Expense Reports section of your account.
For more information on expense reports, take a look here.