Advanced Expense Reports is a set of additional features designed to enhance your experience with Dext Prepare’s Expense Report process.
Availability: Advanced Expense Reports are only available for Enterprise, Premium and Optimize Accounts.
Two features are included in Advanced Expense Reports:
Expense Report Approvals establish a new level of User Privilege: the Expense Approver. Now specific account users can be assigned to sign off on other employees’ expenses before they’re marked as completed.
Effortless Expense Reports is a tool used to automate the creation, population and completion of Expense Reports. After you set it up, it’ll routinely create Expense Reports for specified users on the account. Whenever these users submit an item to Dext Prepare, it’ll automatically be added to the Expense Report for the period it was submitted in.
Expense Report Approvals establish a new level of User Privilege: the Expense Approver. Now specific account users can be assigned to sign off on other employees’ expenses.
Note: this feature is part of the Advanced Expense Reports’ package and not available by default for every plan.
You can now assign the ‘Expense Approver’ role to new and existing account users.
Now, when Basic Users have completed their Expense Reports, they need to select the report and click Submit for Approval
Then chose an Assigned Approver and click submit.
The Assigned Approver can be; a user set up as an Expense Approver, the Admin User for the account, or your Bookkeeper/Accountant who can access your account.
The Expense Report will be marked as ‘submitted for approval’.
The Expense Approver will receive a notification email and they can click on the Go To Report button contained in the email.
Or they can to log in to Dext Prepare, navigate to the Expense Report section and click on the report.
They can edit the details of the Expense Report or click to Approve Report.
Once approved a confirmation banner will appear.
Effortless Expense Reports automate the creation of Expense Reports on Dext Prepare.
Note: this feature is part of the Advanced Expense Reports’ package.
By using Effortless Expense Reports:
- A new report will be created for each user every week, fortnight or month.
- Any new items submitted by users with Effortless Expense Reports will be automatically added to their report
- At the end of the report period, the Expense Report will automatically close and a new report will be created
You can set up Effortless Expense Reports by:
- Accessing the ‘Expense Reports’ section of the menu and clicking on the Inbox
- Then clicking on the ‘Effortless Expense Reports’ button in the top right of the screen
- You will then enter the setup wizard that will guide you through the necessary steps
- Specify how frequently you’d like new reports to be issued (weekly, fortnightly or monthly). Click ‘Next’.
- Specify which date of the month, or day of the week (for weekly or fortnightly) you’d like the Expense Reports to be created. Click ‘Next’.
- Specify which users on the account should have Effortless Expense Reports.
Note: users with Effortless Expense Reports will have all of their submitted documents automatically added to their Expense Report.
- Specify whether you’d like existing items in the Inbox from your specified account users to be included in the Expense Report.
- Click ‘Create’. The new Expense Reports will be created.
You can identify Effortless Expense Reports from regular Expense Reports. The ‘Robot’ icon indicates that an Expense Report has been created through an Effortless Expense Report.
You can edit how Effortless Expense Reports work in this account at any time, by pressing the ‘Effortless Expense Reports’ button in the top-right of the screen.