Below we cover some of the most comment support queries we receive and we would like to show you how to troubleshoot them before contacting our support team.
- Trouble connecting to a Xero Organisation
- Slow syncing client
- Transfer ownership to another team member
- Email invite link has expired, how do I send another one?
- The health score showing on the Client List doesn’t match the health score on the client overview. Why is this?
- Why can’t me or some of my team members see certain clients?
- Why can’t I see a workflow showing in the workflow list for clients that I know I added to the repeating workflow template?
When trying to add a client or re-connecting an existing client you are redirect to Xero to give approval. In some situations you may be presented with this message:
There are a few reasons why you may be seeing this:
- You don’t have a Xero account: Not to worry, you can try Xero for free!
- You are logged into Xero as a different user: you may be logged in to Xero as a user you were not intending to use with Dext Precision. Try heading over to Xero and logging out before trying to add a client in Dext Precision again. This time you’ll be asked to log into Xero, so you can log in as the user you intended.
- You do not have the permissions in Xero: each Xero user account has a role assigned to it for a Xero organisation. You need to have either an Advisor or a Standard role to add a client in Dext Precision. This gives you access to an organisation’s Xero settings, including the ability to set up or disconnect connected apps
Still stuck? Get in touch with our support team, we’re here to help.
We wish it wasn’t so, but sometimes good things take time.
You’re most likely to encounter a bit of a wait when first adding a client to Dext Precision, during the initial sync with Xero. We import as much data as we can from Xero into Dext Precision – the more we bring in, the more powerful and flexible your reporting can be.
- We cover the types of data imported from Xero in our Xero Integration guide.
- Syncing of a new client can take up to 45 minutes for clients with a long history in Xero where hundreds of thousands of journals entries, invoices and bank transactions are in play.
- Rest assured that we’ve optimised this process to be as fast as possible – the primary limiting factor here is Xero’s API: even as certified partners we still have restrictions on how fast we can pull data out of Xero.
- If you’re interested in the tech side of things, you can read about Xero’s API rate limits here .
- Subsequent syncs, either manual or automated overnight, only retrieve the Xero records that have changed since the last sync, so should be substantially faster in comparison.
- Think your import is taking too long or has failed? See the next section for synch failures or Get in touch with our support team, we’re here to help.Initial Sync Failures
- Errors could occur when data is synchronised for the first time from Xero to Dext Precision.
This section provides an overview of different types of sync errors, some of the possible scenarios that cause those errors and potential ways to fix the errors.
This section includes the common error types and may not cover all the possible errors.
- Xero auth failed. Could not sync client: Check that you are using the correct Xero account credentials, and have the required access rights to the client in Xero, before trying again. Please see Permissions above for more information.
- Daily Xero Rate limit exceeded: Rate Limiter is a service that controls the amount of incoming and outgoing traffic to or from Xero. If a User exceeds the rate limit, then any further requests will be denied until the rate limit timeframe resets. We are always working to improve and expand at our side, however, we don’t have control over Xero’s daily limit. The most common error occurs due to a large amount of data that needs to be fetched from Xero, which can lead to exceeding this daily limit and generate an error. Please try again after the cooling period (24 hours). For further information please click here.
- Could not sync client: Something has failed during the sync process please get in touch with our support team via the in-app chat.
Only the team owner can transfer ownership to another team member. To do this go to Manage Team – Team Members. Then find the team member you want to transfer the ownership to and click on the settings cog and choose to transfer ownership.
Go to Manage Team – Team Members then scroll down to the Mailed Invitations section and find the team member’s invite and click on Resend.
This situation arises due to the client list displaying the health score based on the last complete month. Since all clients are presented in a unified list, maintaining a consistent view at the same time frame is essential.
However, the client overview might be configured to exhibit a distinct reporting period. Consequently, the health score exhibited on the client overview corresponds to the reporting period displayed on that specific client overview dashboard.
If you can’t see some clients this could be due to the visibility settings. Please go to Configuration – Client Configuration and review the visibility settings for each client and update for Whole Team or Specific Users.
Why can’t a see a workflow showing in the workflow list for clients that I know I added to the repeating workflow template?
There can be a few reasons this has happened, I will try to cover as many of those below:
- If it is a VAT client – you must check that your Start Month has been set correctly in Tax & Control Settings. Go to Client Overview – Configuration – Tax & Control Account. This is really important because Xero doesn’t have this level of information passed onto us. Xero only tells us the frequency of VAT returns monthly, quarterly and annually for example but not start months.
- Check the Set Cadence setting when setting up a Repeating Workflow. Particularly if you have chosen Year End as the event. You need to check the Scheduled Date settings as you have the option to choose number of days and months you want the scheduled flow to start after the year end.
- Check you have indeed added the client to the repeating workflow template.
- Changes will not be actioned until the next repeating flow schedule so if you add a client for example to the template and that workflow has already entered the flow list for the scheduled time frame the client will show in the next scheduled date. In this case you can create a One Off workflow for that client so you can review the client for the period in question.